Saturday, 17 November 2012

Writing, Rain and James Bond


-I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month {NaNoWriMo} and that has kept me pretty busy. The idea is to write 1,667 words per day and at the end of the month you'll have a 50,000 words manuscript {a small-ish novel}. I've been doing about 1,000 words per day. My goal was to write every day and make good writing habits. Not to necessarily finish my novel in one month. I'm having fun and learning a lot!

-Mira INK {a UK publisher} is looking for an in house blogger and has asked several UK book bloggers to enter the competition for a paid blogging contract for their new blog: BlogINK. I can not even tell you how much I want it. You can find my entry {here}and all the entries so far {here}. This is just the first stage of the competition though. They will be choosing the top 10 entries and then those need to make a video. I want this so bad it is making my ulcer act up. I'd love to know what entries so far you think are in the Top 5 {you don't need to mention me. thou shalt not give thy friends false hope and all of that}. AND...if you like my post 'The Series Appeal' then tell @MiraINK! I need all the help I can get.

-My local library is having a poetry writing contest. We need to write a poem about our town. Winner gets £1,000! Hello! We can submit up to 3 poems. LD and I are both doing it ;) I'll reveal my poems when I'm finished! Wish me luck!

-So, I've been writing a lot this month. I love it. But, I am missing my little 'ol blog here too.

-Sebastian has been teething. Really bad. He had 6 teeth coming in at one time. 3 have popped through--finally. We're not out of the woods yet. He is a late bloomer!

-We're heading into Edinburgh with LD today for his work. Sebastian and I are just going to walk around the city while he works. I'm excited. I love Edinburgh!

-I've read some really great books lately! They are totally off the grid too. Almost as if they are hidden goodies. No marketing. They aren't big blockbuster books, but I've enjoyed them. I'll write up a post to let you know. Or, you can check out: www.thesweetbookshelf.com to see what I've been reading.

-It has literally rained every single day for the last month. I actually don't remember the last time I saw the sun. It has been gray and dingy. Sebastian and I are trying to get out when we can but we've been a little house bound. Hate it. Winter hasn't even really begun and I'm already sick of my four walls. I think some play dates and girly lunches will be in order this week to keep me sane. Wish you call could come! I'm in dire need some some company.

-My baby boy is growing up. He'll be 2 yrs old in February. I'm not ready for that. He's getting so big. We're going to just have a little family party for him. Just us. We'll go to the circus or the aquarium. Then have balloons, cake and presents at home. It is going to be super fun!

-My Mom  has been going through some treatments that are making her ill and very tired. We'd appreciate prayers on her behalf.

-LD and I finally went on a date! We saw SKYFALL {the new James Bond}. It was bloody fantastic! It is by far the best Bond ever. I also learned I need to get my husband a peacoat {if you've seen the film you'll know what I'm talking about}

-My hair got cut too short. I have nothing against short hair. I love short hair. But...this hair cut has totally been cut at a length that truly brings out my fat face. I'm glad my hair grows fast. I'm not liking this look.

4 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy writing!

    Love the photo - so Scotland - castle and all.

    Wish I could send you some sun. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back! I don't mean to sound needy or anything, but I really depend on your blog to get me out of my space...really, don't be gone so long. I'll cross my fingers you win and send a prayer for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! And sending prayers and healing thoughts to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on your writing goals and good luck with the blog job! I can't wait to hear about the books you've been reading lately. I've read a few that you've recommended and they have all been excellent!

    ReplyDelete