Friday, 15 February 2013

For Your Weekend

Here are some things I saw, read, and loved around the internet this week:





01. Peg at A Kilt and a Camera went to The Isle of May to see the seals. If you're looking for pictures of Scotland Peg has them. This is the real Scotland blog you need to be following.

02. Sebastian needs this bow tie & suspenders. I have this look I want to achieve and these are going to help!

03. I want to take LD and Sebastian on a mini break soon. Just a weekend away to re-charge. I'm thinking about Cameron House. It's pricey but gorgeous! It is close enough that we wouldn't have hours and hours to drive and far enough away that we can feel like we can take a rest. Plus I've always wanted to stay on a Scottish estate.


04. I've been craving some cookies lately and these Homemade Nutter Butter's look like they'll do the trick. Sunday afternoon's are my favorite baking time and I'll be tucking into these for sure.

05. I'm about to start reading Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. If you haven't read Cinder yet, then you need to. It's Middle Grade but reads like Young Adult and is perfectly age appropriate. I love fairytale re-telling's and this is the most creative I've seen in a long time.

06. I need this Tiffany Smart Zip Wallet. But it's $295. I've never paid that much for...anything. I'm trying to justify it. I would use it every single day. It would be all I need. I'm not a purse person. I'm a diaper bag person. Oh, how I love it!!

I'm linking up with Falling for Friday at KellyWestover.com

11 comments:

  1. Hey, thank you so much for the share! What a compliment. .

    Love your other links too, gonna go browse them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wallet is beautiful, I might have to save up my dimes for that. Cameron House is great, they have very cool rooms and a nice surrounding. Nice for one night splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Peg You are REALLY living in Scotland since you got here. I wish my son was a bit older so we could go on more adventures. You take the most beautiful pictures of Scotland and people can really get a feel of what the scenery is like. I wish I knew how to take pictures!

    @Jen I knew you'd have gone to Cameron House! I feel like we just need to get away for a night. Spend the weekend someplace where we can relax. I'm thinking Spring will be the best time. I'm tired of my 4 walls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you for linking up with us for Falling for Friday!!! I was so super excited!! and that bow tie and suspender set... oh I'm dying!! It's adorable! PS... I love that your boy is named Sebastian...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE little boy swags! Her suspenders + bow tie combos are the cutest!!! And that wallet is adorable. Thanks for linking up on Falling For Friday Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every girl should have one wallet/purse that is a splurge, at least once. I bought an anthropologie leather bag when I was hired at my current job and I think it was nearly $400. I still use it almost every day and LOVE it. PLUS, sure it's $300, but it's ONLY ~150 Pounds! Exchange rate bonus! :)

    Go to the Cameron House! That looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I'm seriously considering it. I would use it. EVERY. DAY. Why not spend money on something that would get great use and be made well enough to stand the test of time?! I am being a bit more convinced because of the conversion rate is so good right now. Best it's been in years. I'd get more for my money! Ha! I might just do it!

      Cameron House does look amazing doesn't it?! Seriously! They have a ton of activities and even children's play rooms for us to do fun things with Sebastian! We could really have a great time and do some relaxing. I'm going to plan it for the spring when we can get out more. Then surprise LD and Sebastian.

      Delete
  7. homemade nutter butters?!!? i want some too!!! found you through the link up over at Westover. very cool! happy weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked my husband to pick up peanut butter so I could make them on Sunday...he got crunchy. AH! They'll have to wait until this next weekend, but I'm dying. They look so good!

      Delete
  8. Oh I'm all over those cookies!!!! Feel free to link up at the 7 lovely things link up on now :) ...http://www.imprintalish.blogspot.ca/2013/02/7-lovely-things-on-valentines-day.htm
    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cinder was a great audio book. I'm so excited about Scarlet :0)

    ReplyDelete