Friday, 1 March 2013

For Your Weekend Reading


Friday is finally here {...and so is March?!}. I don't think anybody is more happy about that than LD. He's been working a lot of overtime this week and he's ready for a little break. So am I.

Here are some things I saw, loved and read on the internet this week::

+ I lost one of my favorite earrings this week. I just need something for everyday. I found these and love them. But, I'm just not sure. They might be too dressy for my taste. I'm a low maintenance girl. What do you think?

+ All this beautiful weather is making me want to get into spring! This little bird feeder is so cute and easy to make. It will add some charm to my garden. I'm on the hunt for the perfect tea cup and saucer.

+ Why can't I stop with the baked goods?! This is why I'm over weight. But don't these peanut butter stuffed cookies look amazing?!

+ My hair is getting a bit longer and I think I'm ready to grow it out a bit. I love this blog and all her hair ideas!

+ Whoa. This needs to be shouted from the rooftops! Be real.

Mormon Snark. From a Mormon. I laughed for 20 minutes.

+ A great post on finding your place in the blogging world. Stay small. Stay true.

I hope these posts fill your weekend reading a bit. 
I'll see you back here on Monday.

+
I'm linking up with my friend Kelly// Falling For Friday

10 comments:

  1. Whoa! Those cookies just blew my mind!!!!
    Happy weekend girl!

    just love // kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, those cookies are looking really yummy! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this list and checkin' it all out! Those cookies though...yum! xo Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bird feeder. What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! How simple is that?! Makes me wonder why I didn't think of it. But it will make my garden a little more inviting. We have a bunch of magpie's in our neighborhood and it would be nice to see more of them in my yard. This will be perfect.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness... that Mormon Snark post... HILARIOUS!!! and that bird feeder is brilliant! Thank you for sharing and linking up with us for Falling for Friday!

    xo
    Dawnelle
    Just Dawnelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't stop laughing! My husband had to come into the room to see what I was laughing about. We had a good chuckle over it all. It is SO true!!!!

      Delete
  6. Hey Mary,

    I also can`t help myself with sweet treats! Those cookies look perfectly yummie!
    I`m also tired of winter, we still have a lot of snow over here? How is weather in Scotland! The birdfeeder is such a cute idea! greetings from Germany, noni!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That birdfeeder is darling! I love that post on being you! I could take some tips from that. And I can't wait to read this Mormon shark, haha!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the earrings! I don't think they are too glam for every day wear, I'd wear em' but, at the same time.. I do see what you mean. perhaps it is the clear gem (diamond looking) aspect? (at least to me)

    What about getting a smaller pair in a turquoise color ("spring mint"- don't you love that name!?) to bring color and fun!
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/122760382/drop-earrings-spring-mint-green-gold?

    Or, you could try these darling little studs for a more simple pop of color! http://www.etsy.com/listing/111392470/turquoise-stud-earrings?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=earrings&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

    ReplyDelete