Thursday, 12 September 2013

Things...


+ I've got a salivary gland stone in my mouth and it hurt like the Dickens {it's like a kidney stone of the mouth}. I'm in excruciating pain. It is making me exhausted and I need to have it taken care of. But, I keep putting it off. I don't even know why. Probably because I don't have a Doctor yet....

+ We found a place to live! I'm so excited about it! We found a great place in the West End. It is on a quiet street and it's quirky. It reminds me of the flat Hugh Grant had in Notting Hill. It even has a blue door! I can't wait to move in and make it ours.

+ Every weekend in September, Scotland has a Doors Open Day in different parts of the country. It is a great way to find out about the heritage in your area. We have enjoyed Door's Open Day's for the last several years in and around Glasgow. I'm so excited that Aberdeen City is having their Door's Open Day this weekend! Aberdeenshire is having theirs on the 21st. I don't even have a clue what I want to see yet. But, I'm even more excited that it will all be free!! Which is the whole point. Most cities even run a free bus around town that you can hop on and hop off at participating venues. It's going to be fun!

+ LD is loving his job so much. This is such a huge blessing. I'm so thankful that he is with a company that values him. There are several Venezuelan's that work there too. After seven years in Scotland he finally will have someone to relate to him. Words can't express how grateful I am for that. We're going out this weekend with a group of people in his department. He's pretty excited about it.

+ I've been warming Sugar Cookie in my Scentsy Warmer and I'm telling you it feels like fall up in here. My flat is so cozy!! The weather outside has been getting cooler and cooler. This afternoon on our walk to the park Sebastian got a pink nose. It was pretty cold out!

+I've been Instagraming my daily walks. Come on over and see some bits of Aberdeen!

+We're all still here! I'm just ill right now and trying to get ready to move again in another week or so. How are you? Doing well I hope!

Let's Connect!

6 comments:

  1. Number one a blue door is just amazing and I cannot wait for a picture of you standing in front of it and number two I would go anywhere if the bus was free for a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue door is awesome!

      The free bus is sweet!

      Delete
  2. You look fine.Glad you are settling in and that Luis will have some real friends.Sorry about your mouth,get it sorted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James! I really do need to get it sorted. Bleh.

      Delete
  3. I started warming an apple tart as soon as we clicked over to September, and I'm absolutely in love with how much it smells like fall now!

    Happy to have stumbled across your blog and looking forward to following your adventures :) I visited Scotland in 2011 and fell in love with Edinburgh and the countryside. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even started warming the fall scents. When I do watch out. The holiday's are coming!! I'll be crazy.

      Edinburgh is one of my favourite cities. It never gets old! {pun intended}

      Delete