Friday, 27 December 2013

Aberdeen's Annual Boxing Day Nippy Dipper

 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I know we did! We woke up early to see what Santa brought us and spent the whole day watching Christmas movies in our pyjamas. We Skyped our families and played with Sebastian's new toys. Luis made some really good food and we snacked all day. I love our Christmases in Scotland. They are always so relaxing.

We got Sebastian an art easel. He is in heaven! He can't get enough drawing, painting and coloring! It was the perfect gift.


Boxing Day we all headed for Aberdeen Beach for the annual Nippy Dipper. Crazy fools jump into the freezing cold North Sea! We had a friend participating {and I was even thinking of it myself...} so we wanted to cheer her on. The participants dressed up in different costumes {some were...lacking a costume} and they ran straight into the ocean. What a rush! I didn't end up going in but our friend did. She'll hang her certificate with pride. What a way to bring in the new year!


Now I have a million things to do for the New Year. How was your Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. How fun, I am not sure I could go through with that either!

    ReplyDelete