Friday, 4 July 2014

I'm on the BBC today!

 
Hello friends! Happy Independence Day! Eat lots of corn on the cobb and something full of cool whip for me will you? We are headed to a BBQ tonight with some of our American friends but it is supposed to be raining (shocker!) so we'll see how the festivities go. Today I'm on the BBC! Stop by and see how 7 Americans living in Scotland are celebrating at home and abroad.

On that note, we finally submitted Sebastian's application for British Citizenship. The paperwork has been filed and our bank account is a lot lighter but it will be worth it. Dual citizenship is a gift we are fortunate to give our son. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Sebastian met with his new Nursery School last week. He'll start mid August and we are very excited. He's going to a main stream school and I am concerned how he will do. We're hoping that the staff will be sensitive to our autism spectrum needs but also push him to succeed in a normal environment. Sebastian was very excited to be at the school and I think he's going to do well. He's no where near speaking at a 3.5 yr level but he is improving. We are seeing progress and hoping that this school term will help him a lot in that area.

I started some medication for my Fibromyalgia and am so happy to report that I'm feeling much better. I'm sleeping better, my pain feels mostly manageable and I even feel clearer. I'm actually surprised at how much better I feel. I'm not 100% but anything is better than where I was before.

We have plenty of picnics to go to this weekend and I'm most looking forward to not having to cook. Sebastian and I are signing up for the summer reading challenge and going on a wild dolphin hunt too!

Check out some things I found interesting this week::

+ A password to change your life? I love it!

+ I need one of these in my house. ASAP.

+ Outrageous Patriotic outfits

+ How Are American's Celebrating the 4th of July in Scotland?

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th to you and congrats on getting on track with your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete