Wednesday 14 August 2013

Things You Should Know About Me

 
01. I am the worlds worst photographer. I just can't for the life of me take a good picture of myself. It is either blurry or I just don't look like me. So, I think ;) I don't really want to get good at taking my own photograph except that I have so few of myself with Sebastian. This needs to change. Immediately. So, I'm trying. Isn't that photo crap?!

02. I'm an early bird. I seriously have trouble staying awake late. Girls nights? They wipe me out. It takes me 2-3 days to recover. And I don't drink! I'm just exhausted. In college I would rather go to bed at a decent hour and then wake up at 4 am to finish a paper. No all night studying for me. I just can't handle it. I'm also a fan of naps. They are one of life's little gifts.

03. I have an addictive personality. When I read a good book, I will actually re-read it 2-3 times before I move onto something else. I went through a phase where I had to watch North and South every night before bed. That same phase happened with Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, When Harry Met Sally, etc. You get the picture. I run in cycles. If I like something, I gorge myself on it and then move on to the next thing I'm obsessed with. I know it's weird. You don't have to tell me.

04. I can't sew, I'm not crafty, and I don't know anything about fashion or interior design. I can't do photography and my digital camera is about 10 yrs old! And... I'm just an average cook. Holla out to all you average girls!

05. My most favourite place I've ever been is Spain. Part of my soul resides there. I'd love to live there someday. Sometime's I look up properties for sale and just daydream about a life there.

06. I'm Mormon. Did you know? I served a mission in northern California for 18 months and it was the hardest most wonderful thing I've ever done {aside from being a Mom}. If you want to know more go here.

07. I have four sisters. Three older and one younger. From olderst to youngest is exactly six years. We're all super close in age. I loved this growing up! I have ten nieces and nephews and I call my Mom every single day. Several times.

08. I don't have a favourite food. Other than Mexican food right now.... But, seriously, I don't think there is any food that I like more than any other. I'm an equal opportunity eater.

09. I've been blogging for over five years and I really love it. I know I'm all over the place most of the time. But, I blog for me and my family. To keep a record of our life. With that being said, I know my audience is mostly made up of people moving to Scotland in the future. I'm trying to integrate the two.

10. House Hunter's International called last week. Seriously. I did a little freak out I was so excited. But, they would need to start filming immediately. Like last week. We just couldn't make it work. I cried. I think my heart died just a little bit.

Let's Connect!

12 comments:

  1. my husband and i would love to move back to edinburgh and i'm always looking up houses there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's fun isn't it?! I just like to see how other's live and imagine my life in different places. What would it look like?! Pinterest is good for that too!

      Delete
  2. House Hunters got in touch with me last week as well! Looking for expats- hurray! I was gutted that we couldn't do it either! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish! It would have been an amazing experience!

      Delete
  3. You might not take great pics but you always look fabulous in them. Also, is Seb your clone? You guys look sooo alike! Sorry I missed your call. We were running out of the house and I didn't have a free hand to answer! Call again soon, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've watch every movie version of Jane Eyre!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to learn a little more about you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! i wrote an e-mail to you. hope you'll answer soon. :)
    Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are fine and your video in the car in the snowstorm was unusual and entertaining. Let's see more pictures of all you three,please

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy your blog, Mary! I have recommended it to others moving to the UK. After this school year gets started (high school modern languages teacher) I am going to start a blog to document our preparation and move to Scotland. I will keep you posted(o:

    -MaryTM

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.